Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The One Recession-Proof Commodity

Hi everyone!

I just received an e-mail from my friend Stephen Pierce and I wanted to share it with you.

Hey, Jose, it's Stephen Pierce and I want to pass along something I just read.
The Harvard Business Review has an article about theone recession-proof commodity that is guaranteed togrow your business, even in 2009's economic climate.
I'll tell you what that is in a minute but first you need to take a look at some of these numbers.
The article reports that during the 2000 recession,1/3 of the companies in the top tier of theirindustries tumbled from their positions. Very few ofthem were able to claw their way back up to the top.
But, get this: 15% of today's market leaders vaultedto the top during the 2000 recession and are still atthe top today.
This isn't a fluke either.
During the depression, GE, Kellogg and Procter &Gamble shot past their rivals and became leaders.
Why is it that some companies can thrive during downtimes?
The article says: "Smart companies perceive not justthreats in a recession but also opportunities. Theirgoal is to grow so they can emerge stronger from thedownturn."
And this gets to what I was talking about earlier,about that one recession-proof commodity that I usedto grow my business from $500K my first year to almost$20 million in 2008. Read this carefully:
"During the Depression, these companies developedvalue-for-money strategies: They grew by deliveringproducts and services that enabled hard-hit consumersto do more with the same resources and become moreeffective."
Value. It's all about value. Value is recession-proof.
That means there's room for you at the top. The peoplewho aren't providing value are fading fast.
Your opportunity is now.
If you want a passive income, that's great. But YOUcan't afford to be passive.
A passive income requires massive action.
If you haven't taken massive action yet today, thenlet my MRMI Basic Training serve that purpose for you.
Go look at my website. Check out the menu, video andthe FAQs. This isn't a mile long sales page withfluff and fillers.
It's the gateway to 6.5 hours of pure content from meand only me. It's the same content I give my coachingstudents.
"Value for money has again become a strategic imperative."
Harvard knows it. I know it. All the market leadersknow it.
Now it's your turn.
God Bless YOU and YOURS,
Stephen Pierce

No comments: